Free Web Hosting
5 Questions to ask when selecting a hosting company:
1. In which country does your Web Hosting Company host their client's web sites?
Make sure that your Web Hosting Company has both International and Local Web Servers - thus if your target market is either Local or International you can be assured of your web site being super fast for your visitors.
2. Does your Web Hosting Company have a land line number you can contact them on?
Make sure that they have a land line number as cell phone numbers usually mean that the company does not have an office. In this way you are assured that you can speak to someone in person should you ever have to! Can you phone your Web Hosting Company and ask them questions now?
3. Are the Web Hosting Company's servers monitored 24 hours for downtime?
Make sure that if the server on which your web site resides is continually monitored in case your web site crashes - you want as little downtime as possible.
4. How long has your Web Hosting Company been running for?
There is nothing as frustrating as setting up your web site only to have the Web Hosting Company disappearing and forcing you to start from scratch again. Make sure the Web Hosting Company is financially stable and in the hosting game for the long term.
5. How fast is your web site going to be?
Make sure that your Web Hosting Company 'backbone' connection to the internet is super fast - Ask them exactly where your web site is going to be hosted. Ask them to set-up a test web site on their servers so you can see the speed your site is going to be.